"Star of Life" : Paying Tribute To All EMS Personnel Wrist Wraps Free Shipping
The Star of Life is a blue, six-pointed star, outlined with a white border which features the rod of Asclepius in the center, originally designed and governed by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) (under the United States Department of Transportation, DOT). Traditionally in the United States the logo was used as a stamp of authentication or certification for ambulances, paramedics or other EMS personnel. Internationally, it represents emergency medical services units and personnel.
The six branches of the star are symbols of the six main tasks executed by rescuers all through the emergency chain:
- Detection: The first rescuers on the scene, usually untrained civilians or those involved in the incident, observe the scene, understand the problem, identify the dangers to themselves and the others, and take appropriate measures to ensure their safety on the scene (environmental, electricity, chemicals, radiation, etc.).
- Reporting: The call for professional help is made and dispatch is connected with the victims, providing emergency medical dispatch.
- Response: The first rescuers provide first aid and immediate care to the extent of their capabilities.
- On scene care: The EMS personnel arrive and provide immediate care to the extent of their capabilities on-scene.
- Care in transit: The EMS personnel proceed to transfer the patient to a hospital via an ambulance or helicopter for specialized care. They provide medical care during the transportation.
- Transfer to definitive care: Appropriate specialized care is provided at the hospital.
30" Long x 3" Wide Heavy Duty Friction Wrist Wrap. Memorial Wraps™ is the industry leader in durability, support and quality. All of our wraps are hand-cut and hand-made with industrial grade cotton/canvas material, all logos and decoration are embroidered as a standard, high quality 4 thread over-lock serge border stitching and even our retention cord is made out of military grade paracord (will not rot, mildew or decay; the same para cord or "550" that we used when we jumped out of airplanes for a living).
CARE INSTRUCTIONS: To maximize the life of your Memorial Wraps™ and to preserve our warranty/product guarantee, hand-wash your wrap with a mild detergent/soap and air dry.